Tags

• Characters
  • Genre
  • Length
  • School Era
  • Ships
  • Website News
  • Want to Rec ME something? E-Mail Me!

April 29th, 2008

Seven Photographs

Seven Photographs by Casira

Summary: Glimpses of our heroes at the end of the battles and beyond, as they face what’s lost and what’s to come. Oneshot, 8,300 Words.

Guest Rec’d By: Kira

Why You Should Care: Written shortly after the release of DH, casira writes seven separate scenes that, frankly, JKR should have written, and succeeds just as if Jo had written it herself. There’s Remus and Tonks’ death; Minerva and Hogwarts directly after the battle; Hermione’s parents in Australia; George returning to WWW’s alone for the first time; Kingsley and the rebuilding of the MoM via Potterwatch; Ginny, Neville, Luna, and Andromeda discussing post-war plans; and finally, Harry visiting Snape’s grave. In a style very reminiscent of Jo’s, casira really wraps the HP series up well with a touch of everything that made it successful in the first place: brilliant character interaction, gripping action, laughter, family, and sacrifice. A brilliant pre-epilogue.

Why You Might Not Care: If you didn’t like the way DH ended at all, then this may not be your cup of tea.

posted by afterthree

8 Responses to “Seven Photographs”

1. Yuan Says:
      April 29th, 2008 at 4:18 pm

I could have sworn I’ve read this before… are you sure you haven’t recced it before? =] Otherwise, though, it’s a brilliant read.

3. afterthree Says:
      April 29th, 2008 at 4:40 pm

I’m pretty sure. It doesn’t show up in the search, so unless it’s here somewhere under a different title….

5. Jamy Says:
      April 29th, 2008 at 8:12 pm

I thought I had read this as well but I was thinking Of “Cauterize” by Lady Altair which was recced on April 3rd. It has a post DH photo theme too.

7. Christina Says:
      April 30th, 2008 at 8:41 am

Very nice….I hope I didn’t sound too snarky when I pointed out the double posted one yesterday!

9. afterthree Says:
      April 30th, 2008 at 5:43 pm

No worries, Christina. It was a good heads up — I was so busy catching up I forgot to double check that!

10.

11. Rillan Says:
      December 6th, 2009 at 8:10 pm

This looked really interesting as I’ve enjoyed all the HP stories you list so far, but when I got to live journal it told me I had to join to view it and then told me it was locked/I wasn’t authorized to view it after I’d joined… grrr. Thought I’d let you know about this

12.

13. Hikki Says:
      December 23rd, 2009 at 9:29 pm

You might want to change the link to the one at Fiction Alley or something. The one at LiveJournal is friends-locked.

14.

15. afterthree Says:
      January 8th, 2010 at 6:00 pm

Thanks for letting me know the story had been flocked! Link now points to Fiction Alley! 😀

16.