Tags

• Characters
  • Genre
  • Length
  • School Era
  • Ships
  • Website News
  • Want to Rec ME something? E-Mail Me!

October 1st, 2007

For Luck, For Laughs, For the Unknown

For Luck, For Laughs, For the Unknown by ThistleRose

Summary: If she tried, she might be able to keep him here just a little longer. Hands were more convincing than words, sometimes, and a tongue– Oneshot, 1,130 Words.

Why You Should Care: I love the idea that Andromeda knew Ted was leaving, that he didn’t just slip away in the dead of the night leaving a note on the pillow or not come home one day from work. I feel as though that’s how it would have happened, because I’m certain Ted respects his wife enough that he wouldn’t have abandoned her and that Andromeda would understand that it would be his best chance at making it through the war. This piece is the moment they break away, and the difficulties of trying to be mature and do the right thing when all you really want is just one more minute.

Why You Might Not Care: This has been rated NC17, and while I can see why I’m not sure it goes on long enough to entirely deserve this ranking. It’s brief but definitely there. Perhaps not quite work-safe, but it’s not the focus of the story and shouldn’t be the determining factor of whether or not you choose to read it.

posted by afterthree

8 Responses to “For Luck, For Laughs, For the Unknown”

1. Christina Says:
      October 1st, 2007 at 8:29 am

Oh nooooo, you can’t rec an Andromeda fic to me and then tell me it’s NSFW when I’m at work! That’s just not fair, how will I resist it all day?!

3. afterthree Says:
      October 1st, 2007 at 8:39 am

I always feel so bad now that I know you check at work when I rec a Livejournal fic… I admit I read this one at work because it was so short, so I’ll leave it up to you….

And, well, you don’t have to resist really. Since Livejournal is blocked at work. Because it’s a Livejournal fic….

5. Christina Says:
      October 1st, 2007 at 8:55 am

Well, that’s for the best I suppose, I don’t know if I’d have the willpower to resist if it wasn’t blocked. Something to look forward to when I get home.

7. Sara Says:
      October 1st, 2007 at 10:09 am

LJ is blocked at school, but we students overwrite it… the current site is edusneaker.com, but we’ll need to find a new one in a week or so.

And… I. Loved. This. *pretends she isn’t 17* I basically just agree… with everything you said up there in WYSC.

9. Sara Says:
      October 1st, 2007 at 10:14 am

override* wtf?

10.

11. Christina Says:
      October 1st, 2007 at 10:24 am

Thanks for the tip Sara, but that site is blocked too. They thought of everything.

12.

13. Sara Says:
      October 1st, 2007 at 10:58 am

I’ll be sure to tell you the next time someone at our school finds one, Christina ;]

14.

15. Christina Says:
      October 2nd, 2007 at 8:22 am

Since I hijacked the comments yesterday to curse the forces of IT, I wanted to come back and comment on the actual fic, which was lovely and yet heartbreaking. Very nice rec.

16.